- The applicants must be enrolled in an accredited 4-year university or college located in the United States;
- Graduating high school seniors with a GPA of 3.0 or above are also eligible to apply for the scholarship;
- Applicants must be pursuing or intending to pursue their bachelor’s degree which can be in the fields of [Health Sciences]
- Applicants are required to submit a 2000 word essay related to the following topic:
Could the legalization of marijuana go beyond recreational or medicinal use and lead to more significant substance abuse problems?
Article Requirements (Stage 1)
- 2,000 Words
- Insert Two images that coincide with the article.
- Grammatically correct
- The first person only
- Thoughtfulness and originality backed by verifiable data
- The persuasiveness of the argument presented
- URL for sources used
- No plagiarism
Article Requirements (Stage 2) – (Post Submission)
- Create a short video and share via Instagram tagging @SummitHelps.
- Once your article is selected to proceed to Stage 2 you will:
- Create a short 60-second video
- Upload it on Instagram @SummitHelps with your comments
- Share with your friends to get their comments on the subject. We want to know what they think.
Scholarship Contest Rules:
- Five finalists will be selected from the pool of entries we receive.
- The essays of the finalists will be posted to the blog and our social media pages and blog for further consideration.
- You will get a link from us that you will use to Share with your friends to get their comments on the subject. We want to know what they think.
The amount of social media attention garnered will be a factor in the final section of chosen winners.
Applicants must be enrolled in school and have plans to apply to a college, graduate, or professional program.
Two scholarships in will be awarded in the amounts of $2,500 and $1,000 to winners based on our outlined criteria.
Application Deadline and Guidelines:
The deadline for applying for both scholarships is December 31st, 2017.
Submit their applications and all other requested items by the deadline. Click here to fill the form.
Winners Announcement Date: January 31st, 2018
About Summit Behavioral Health
Our mission is to provide a path for wellness and recovery and improve the overall quality of life for individuals struggling with substance abuse and related mental health difficulties. To learn more please visit our website.